Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hi Again Everyone!!

Well I have a few things to share with you... I became a human pin cushion for the second time in my life. A few days ago I was picking up a little wround my bedroom when I felt a sudden sharp pain in my foot, I picked it up to look at it and in the very middle of my foot I see the head of a pin. The rest being INSIDE me foot. So I minorly freaked out and composed myself and pulled out the pin...very quickly. It promple started GUSHING blood I mean I know the pin went in all the way but it still just went in a pin sized hole I wasnt expecting the blood. It swelled and bruised and it hurt to walk for quite a few days...but I am better now. All that aside this is not the first time this had happened to me I'll have to share the other story later...it's pretty funny!
Well pincushions aside my friend Molly and I have been hired to teach art for 4th -7th grade at a vacation bible study next week. The theme is miracles. I wanted to share a few examples of what we will teach
for the younger kids we are going to make a painted wall hanging, they may use a miracle from the bible or one they see in everyday life! I chose to portrey the miracle of Peter pulling a coin out of a fishes mouth!! The wall haging will be made of painted canvas and will be attached to a dowel rod and hung by ribbon. I havent attached the ribbion to my examples yet.


For the 5th graders we have planned to make a wall hanging too, but instead of just painting them we will introduce the element of collaging with fabric.









This wall hanging is about a feast to feed five thousand!
The 6th and 7th grade class will be combined and we will be teaching them how to bind and make their own prayer journal. There will be pics of that to come.
What do yall think?

No comments: