Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Joy of Old Suitcases

I have always wanted to buy an old suitcase at a thrift store, but I always thought they were over priced, I mean $20 for an old stinky suitcase??! Well lucky me, I was getting into my car a while back in my apartment in lubbock, I was parked by the dumpster. I saw the most wonderful old olive green suitcase sitting by the dumpster. So I thought about it for like one second and them grabbed it and put in in my trunk. I started to worry I mean what if there is a head in there?? Well there wasnt and I lysoled it to death and it was all mine!! Since I was moving back home and had alot less space I decided to make it my traveling art kit. Yesterday evening on a whim I decieded to spruce it up.







I painted it with some metallic acrylic paint and sealed it with clear gloss medium. I think it turned out pretty well!





What's next for the refurbished suitcase?? New lining and the other side!!

No comments: